Integration of Diesel Motor within a Shuttle Car for the Mining Industry
To accomplish these tasks, MJ Engineering used a number of different design and engineering processes. We first designed a proper motor/generator mounting frame. Using the natural frequency of the motor/generator we were able to determine which frequencies to avoid so we could design the most stable mounting frame. Then we focused on designing a drive system linking the motor to the generator. Utilizing our outstanding design team we were able to eliminate the need for a battery pack or cable reel within the mining shuttle car. After all this work was completed, MJ Engineering was able to supply the client with 3D CAD models and CAD drawings of the final design.
To learn more about our outstanding design work on this project please contact MJ Engineering or see below for details.
MJ Engineering was tasked with integrating a Diesel Motor and an Electric Generator in a mining Shuttle car.
- Design Concept for Various Motor/Generator Mounting Frames
- Designed drive system linking Motor to Generator
- Used the Natural Frequency of Motor/Generator to Determine the Natural Frequency to Avoid When Designing Mounting Frame
- Created SolidWorks and Solid Edge 3D CAD Models & CAD Drawings of Final Design for Manufacturing
- Package Motor/Generator within Existing Reel Compartment
- Ensure it is Easy to Maintain in a Mine environment.
- Use Motor/Generator System Provided by Client
- Eliminates the need for a Cable
Car: 352″long x 108″ wide x 93 ½” high Motor/Generator Compartment: 55 ¾ wide x 68 high x 32 ¾” deep
Steel plate and tubing
Industry for Use
Customer supplied specifications
Integration of Diesel Motor/Electric Generator into Mining Car