Category: Engineering, Exempt
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Researches and develops mechanical design concepts to meet given specifications of performance, cost, and suitability. Designs, builds, and develops prototypes to meet assigned specifications or demonstrate concept feasibility. Coordinates with Production/Engineering departments to insure the accuracy of all drawings and specifications before being released.
- S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar field such as AOE, ESM, Civil, Welding etc…), preferably advanced study in the mechanical field, is required
- Must be able to work closely with manufacturing personnel, both inside and outside the company.
- Excellent engineering, as well as interpersonal, skills are essential.
- Ability to develop and communicate technical information and specifications in reports to management and to disseminate pertinent information to the Purchasing, Marketing, and Sales departments is necessary.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing components.
- Advanced knowledge of SolidWorks or Pro/Engineer 3D Cad software is required. Any certifications received or training completed in these software packages is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as C, C++, VB or others is a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is a requirement
- Ability to check one’s own work thoroughly and completely
- Ability to perform mechanical calculations such as drive train calculations, beam calculations etc…
- Completes projects by supporting and guiding technicians
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Up to 5% travel outside of Ohio. Additional day trips up to 15%.