Reports To: Engineering Manager
Researches and develops control system concepts to meet given specifications of performance, cost, and suitability. Designs, builds, and develops control systems to meet assigned specifications or demonstrate concept feasibility. Coordinates with Production/Engineering departments to insure the accuracy of all BOMs, drawings and specifications before being released.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar field such as Electrical Technology, Control Systems or Computer Programming etc…), is required
- Must be able to work closely with manufacturing personnel, both inside and outside the company.
- Excellent engineering, as well as interpersonal, skills are essential.
- Ability to develop and communicate technical information and specifications in reports to management and to disseminate pertinent information to the Purchasing, Marketing, and Sales departments is necessary.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for assembling and installing components, testing and debugging of equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCad Electrical is required. Any certifications received or training completed in these software packages is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages and/or ladder logic for PLC’s, HMI’s, motion controllers etc… Majority of work is Allen Bradley and Unitronics with other softwares including Proface, Siemens, Schneider etc…
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is a requirement
- Ability to check one’s own work thoroughly and completely
- Ability to perform calculations for vision system selection, heat generation for cabinets, amp load in circuits etc…
- Completes projects by supporting and guiding technicians
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Up to 5% travel outside of Ohio. Additional day trips up to 15%.